This year, we went for an awesome day trip to Myuna farm. It is a perfect place for preschoolers to hang out in – Not to far from the city, lots of animals to feed and cuddle and kiddie sized play ground equipment and a maze to play in!
Some highlights of the trip were:
- Feeding kangaroos and seeing a little joey in its mama’s pouch
- Watching a goat milking session – (one of the kid’s went right upto the goat and got to drink some milk straight from the udders )
- Pony rides – so safe and fun – even my 1 year old loved it
- Going into the rabbit pen and cuddling rabbits
- Getting to pet a cute and friendly alpaca (These animals are so cute but super shy. Its really great that they have such a friendly fellow on the farm)
- Being head-butted from the back by a run away goat (She was just being friendly – no one got hurt :))
- Seeing a baby camel with its momma
- Being scolded at by an “alpha male” turkey – (I actually had no idea turkeys were that big)
- Getting to see and feed some white peacocks!
Myuna farm is very well maintained and the animals are well taken care of. They have created a nice opportunity for children to interact with animals in a safe and fun way.
Worth another visit soon!
|Close up with the kangaroos|
|Feeding some giant pigs|
|Goat milking session underway|